Wednesday, December 7, 2011

DIY Christmas...Parisian Hot Chocolat Recipe


A DIY Christmas is underway again this year.
Today: Do-it-yourself Parisian Hot Chocolat.
 Christmas time makes me completely giddy....I love everything about the holiday season:
the food
the decorations
the smells
the lights
the music
the gifts
the creating....
& it's all about creating memories that will last a lifetime.
I tweeted about a book that changed the way we are doing Christmas this year...it's called 'A Christ-centered Christmas.' It's all about getting back to WHY we have Christmas & really focuses on the Nativity...each person that was involved.  
Mary, Joseph, The Angel, The Shepherd, The Wise Men, The Lamb & The Christ Child.
In each chapter it talks about each person & what they might have been feeling, thinking, doing...It makes it real to us now. And it includes Christmas Carols to sing, activities to do as a family & really focuses on a meaningful Christmas.

Like I said...it's changed the way we are doing Christmas this year...so far, we've made new traditions, re-vamped some old ones & have thoroughly enjoyed the Season so far.

One thing I loved about this past Monday was The Angel chapter....If I were to choose to be anyone that was at the Nativity Scene...
I'd choose to be The Angel....
I would want to bring 
'glad tidings of great joy' 
to those Shepherds...
I'd want to sing it out to the world & shout: Glory to God in highest...
because I would be bursting with 
JOY!
So...our activity? 
We sang Christmas Carols by the fire..sipping Hot Parisian Chocolat (show-Ko-laht)...
the thick, delicious kind that took me back to the cafes in Paris....
it was truly a dreamy night...filled with JOY!

 We had a Parisian Chocolat Bar...complete with whipped cream, marshmallows, toffee bits, peppermint twists & balls....& more chocolate *just in case it wasn't chocolatey enough!*

Thought I'd share this delicious homemade recipe with everyone....it was truly divine! ..bottoms up!
enjoy!


Pin It
(frame created with the christmas junque collage borders.)

No comments:

Post a Comment