Tuesday, November 27, 2012

cReative team tuesday: coffee filter wreaths w/ Rhonna Designs

This past holiday weekend, I was able to spend time w/ my family. And as you know, my sister, Amy Miles, is on my cReative team. It was so fun to cReate together.  Of course there were some Rhonna Designs involved with this festive coffee filter wreath & I've had many ask HOW to do it...
It's super easy, so I thought I'd share the steps w/ you & show you how we used the NEW Rhonna Designs Christmas designs to sass it up a bit!
We were all together at my brother's cabin & got to cRaft together...my mom is that cute lil lady in the right corner, my sister, Shelle, Sister in Law, Charisse, Amy Miles, my Sister in Law Kim...lil ol' me & then my other Sister in Law Cherie. While they are my Sisters in Law...I just take off the in Law & consider them my sisters. They are truly some of THE most incredible women I know & I'm blessed to have them in my life. 
Can you tell I miss them already? ok.

Anyway... 
on w/ the steps....
We started out w/ an MDF wreath frame. They are cheap, sturdy & pretty light.

1. Wrap the frame w/ white ribbon. Add a dollop of hot glue, tack the end & just wrap until you meet ends. We do this because last year at our Christmas Craft night...my True, Jamie, showed us how to do this...& since she's the wreath master...we bow to her & do as she commands! **It protects your door & looks nice if you hang on a window.**
2. Fold coffee filters in 1/4s...however, I like to squish mine & make it kind of like a flower. Do what YOU like!  Hot glue 3 coffee filters across the width of the wreath frame.
3. Allow a 1 1/2"-2" space & continue w/ your next row of 3 coffee filters all the way around the entire wreath.
4. Embellish as desired. Here, I've shown some of the fringed paper flowers similar to the ones HERE.
I just printed some of the Merry Christmas Printable Papers right over vintage music sheets & dictionary sheets.  & then used some of the cute Merry Christmas Flags N Tags Printables punched out w/ my 1 1/2" circle punch.


 It really doesn't take very long...the men & boys all watched football whilst we chatted, glued & laughed.  I didn't time us, but I'd say about an hour? Then...voila! We had 7 poofy-versatile-coffee filter wreaths for our Craft Olympics! *wink*  Each of us is unique in our style, so it's fun to create something this versatile so each of us can add that lil sass to it that is uniquely 'us'.
 I ended up putting mine on my chalkboard wall w/ my vintage window, yarn/tinsel tassel garland & added a little banner that was created out of my Rhonna Designs Merry Christmas Flags N Tags printable...along w/ some of my All Is Bright Washi Tape.  The HUGE bow I created out of vintage music pages & that cute tag is from the Merry Christmas kits, too!
So...there ya go! Hope you feel uplifted & inspired & can't wait to see how YOU are doing w/ the Gift Tag Design Contest...one more week!




No comments:

Post a Comment