Thursday, October 28, 2010

5 DIY Recycled & Re-purposed Halloween decor ideas


I love Halloween...it's right around the corner & I had fun this year with little DIY recycled & re-purposed bits & pieces around the house that make it so easy to add pops of FUN & a bit of Scaredom!
 Use wine or champagne glasses upside down & *capture* some Halloween art or even a spider inside.
 I just took some of our House of 3 Halloween art (Haunted Trees & Haunted Dingbat font) & printed out on my Epson R1900 inkjet printer on Epson inkjet transparencies...
 You can see through them & they look cool in a bell jar, glass or even in a Mason Jar like I did with these jars in the Spring & last Christmas!


Add some mini banners to a wreath you already have....
I just printed out the mini banners on some sticker paper & folded them over some baker's twine. This wreath has a styrofoam base, so I simply pinned the banner into the wreath. DIY=super easy!
To add a little fun in the center of the wreath, I took 3 toothpicks, wrapped the sticker paper onto the toothpicks & glued a pearl on the top. (note: the 'happy halloween' is not included in the kit.)


Use Glimmer Mist to add color to your DIY coffee filter flowers & lollies made out of old newspapers. 
Video tutorials found here: coffee filter flowers.  




If you look closely....i added a bit of 'creep' to it...the newspaper is the obituaries from a year ago! eeeeek!
Recycle gift wrap! Here, I've taken some of the black & white polka dot giftwrap & made a lolly out of it. 
I added a crepe paper flower to it in the center & used the new House of 3 Ornate Alpha Monogram brushes kit to make the 'boo' banner!

Make a birdcage chandelier out of recycled cardboard boxes & broken jewelry!
I *love* the black cardboard boxes our House of 3 Wall Art & Heart Boxes come in & I cut it apart to make a birdcage for Halloween. Added some broken jewelry to the bottom of it (with a Heart Box chandelier crystal) & put a spooky crow inside!

happy diy crafting!
more info for the next 21 challenge coming up tomorrow....starting Nov. 5. Get your The 21 Challenge Art kit
********* 
&...there are more of our Felt Flower orders...Just email me here. to get yours!!

4 comments:

  1. You are so very talented Rhonna. Thanks for always sharing and being so inspiring.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. to die...
    love every little bit...
    i am doing the birdcages in my CHA booth...minus the crow!
    LOL
    love love love you sweets...
    kiss kiss
    m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto what the gals said you are so talented and I love it all too!! You are such an inspiration sweet friend! You should be glad I don't live in Utah cause you wouldn't be able to shake me ;) AS soon as I replenish my creativity supplies fund jar I'm buying up the latest HO3 goodies!! And I'm so ready for the challenge!! hugs from texas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love just everything you do...you are a genius!

    ReplyDelete