Thursday, October 21, 2010

DIY Fall Felt Flowers


Ok, this is for my mom...I'd realized I hadn't blogged about these yet & she wanted to see them! I was telling her about a couple of things that were fun about this project.

1. Felt. It has a lovely Autumnal feeling to it & you all know how much I adore flowers to accessorize my outfits.... but..I only had an off white color laying around...
so>
2. Glimmer Mist. I tried it out on my flowers & ya know what? I LOVE the effect it has. Since I started these flowers, I've purchased other felt in colors (like the above heather grey) & some other fabric (the chartreuse I wanted was difficult to achieve with the mist), but isn't it cool to see HOW the Tattered Angels Chalkboard Glimmer Mist works ON the blue rosette? ( I used Peacock on it!)
The Chalkboard Glimmer Mist soaks right into the felt so wonderfully. I love the look...kind of a soft suede look, ya know? Look at how this pink flower turned out...it's the Cotton Candy & it looks so fab! I love it!

A while back one of my Creativity Exercises was getting inspiration online..I had found this pillow at Z Gallerie & could not get it out of my head...and then I had a bunch of birthdays coming up so I got to work & made a ton of gifts! &....a few pillows like this.
They did not cost  $99.95 *wink*.

I love the way they turned out...I started out making clips & brooches..

but, of course, we've worn them in our hair, on our lapels, purses, shoes & even making a Fall Garland out of them! I have so many around here...LOL...we are being overtaken by these little fluffy, cozy flowers!
so, mom...this little DIY photo fest was for you! love you!
& happy Fall....*made some butternut squash soup & roasted cauliflower & it was easy, healthy & delicious!*
now I want to make some pumpkin butter...a tradition for my birthday!

**ETA:  NOw, you can purchase the HOW-TO video & step by step workshop downloads on Rhonna Designs...so, YOU can make these, too!


35 comments:

  1. Holy cow Batgirl! Those are amazing!!!!!!! Or as the kids say those are sick!!!! Seriously! If I had your # I would be calling you right now to tell you how incredible you are! Love all you do my beautiful Spark Sister!!! Can't wait to try. My hand at these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! So...are you going to share HOW you made them? LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Are you making these whilst you slumber???When will we get to learn how to make these? Can we see your pillows? Or did you say those are gifts- Shucks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so gorgeous!! I would love to know how you made them. Especially the loopy ones. LOVE them!!!!
    I think the glimmer mist looks fabulous on these. I must get some felt and try that right away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are SO delicious!! seriously needing to know more about these! THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi the friend! Rhonna please show us a video on how to make these, I am so in love with them and want to make for gifts as well. What type and where to get the felt would be appreciated too. I love your work and thanks for sharing
    Hugz
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to know how you made the yellow flower in the last picture!!! Any tutorials on that? And . . . love that little Boo sign you made. Are those fonts part of any of the digital kits you sell??? I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These have got to be the most gorgeous hand made flowers EVER!!!!! They are stunning! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY! You HAVE to tell me how you made the fringy fluffy flowers that are loopy....not the rolled felt but the others...they are FAB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are seriously awesome! Nancy sent me over and I'm SO glad she did!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love these.

    No clue what glamour mist is but can you please add a tutorial on how to make them? I'd love to do some myself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay first of all THANK YOU for the link to shop.hobbylobby, I live in Seattle and have been trying to figure out how shop hobby lobby online instead of loading up when I go to Utah! Your felt looks too good to be 100% acrylic, have you been using some blends? And that Z Gallerie pillow is AMAZING, I might have to try it??

    ReplyDelete
  13. these are fun. beautiful. and now mind boggling.
    i think we all want some insight as to how you created!
    your so awewsome. wish you were my neighbor!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Rhonna. Those flowers are awesome. Your talent never ceases to amaze me.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these - we need a tutorial please! Have a great BDAy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am impressed. These are just so beautiful. Who would know that you could do this with felt? Not me, but you showed us.
    Thanks Rhonna, you are such an inspiration to me.
    Wish you a great weekend and super great birthday.
    Hugs Gunn :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh wow! these are gorgeous!!! just love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! I don't think I have EVER SEEN ANYTHING SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! You are making me barf right now!! I LOVE THEM SOOO MUCH!!!! ARRR!!!!! I want to run to joannes fabrics RIGHT NOW!!!!!!! And where the heck do I buy that glimmer mist - GORGEOUS!!!!! You talented amazing woman you!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are amazing! Please share a tutorial on how to make them...please?!?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Like everyone else, I'm *dying* to know how you made them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh they are gorgeous and the felt - love em! Please share a webshow wednesday how you made em :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Okay, I would seriously PAY you for a tutorial video on this --- I HAVE TO HAVE THESE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, these are beautiful - you make it seem as though there are directions somewhere on how to make them but I don't see any. HELP!

    ReplyDelete
  24. ga ga gorgeous! seriously I could eat them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You must teach us how Rhonna! Right now!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Pretty pretty pretty! Love those felt flowers! Happy BDay!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow Rhonna! GREAT post! I love those pillows at Zgallerie and will NEVER pay that kind of money for them.. I have 4 active children who think throw pillows are for just that! but i may attempt to make some of these FAB flowers and SPARK up my existing decor... You are magical!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, Rhonna, I had the funniest dream about you.. you were set up at some event with your new felt flowers and i was admiring them and then i asked you if you would teach us how to make them and you said.. "I am selling them on keychains for $9.97 and I don't think I can teach you how to make them'... i woke up laughing.. i think it was a combo of reading your blog right before i went to sleep and people asking you to show us how you make the flowers and the comment you made about your pillows not costing $99.99.. he he he.. it was funny..

    ReplyDelete
  29. These are absolutely gorgeous you are so amazingly talented!!! Please please do a tutorial on how to make these. I can just picture Christmas coloured flowers in my little girls hair in our holiday photos. please please please!

    ReplyDelete
  30. OMG!! These are so fabulous! PLEASE do a tutorial!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. PLEASE can you do a tutorial for these felt flowers??? They are gorgeous! I would be happy to pay your for a tutorial!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my goodness! A new trend! Thanks so much1

    ReplyDelete
  33. Post a video so we can learn how to make these wonderful flowers. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  34. OMG these are beautiful!!! I love the brown flower on the pillow. Please share a video on how to make that flower.

    ReplyDelete