Friday, May 20, 2011

fabric flower goodness....

 +photo by Collin Kartchner   frame by me+
Lotsa questions. lotsa questions.


I've had so many people asking about the flower I had in my hair at Liz's birthday party!
*blush blush* thanks, girls!
& the tweet/facebook post about my juxtaposition of raw linen & soft pompom flower I was wearing. 
Pin It


Ok..I can tell you this:
I made it with the same technique that I used HERE in my felt flower tutorial. Scroll down to see the HUGE flower technique.
And HERE for the order form for the tutorial.


I made it with heavy linen, instead of the felt as shown in the tutorial & kit.  I hafta say...it is my fave Spring flower right now...I am wearing it with everything!
I've also made some with burlap & muslin...MMMM...LOVE the raw-ness of them!
I'm wearin' them
in my hair.
on a belt.
with a sweater.
clustered corsages... you know...my favorite flower adornments! *grin*


So...after much asking & requesting, I'm adding an ADD-ON Fabric Flower kit that will include enough materials to create 3 HUGE flowers:
heavy linen
muslin
burlap
pearls
bling
huge clip backs
&
felt circle backers
all to create very fab HUGE flowers to cluster with other sweet treats you have.
I'm so into the raw linen, muslin or burlap juxtaposed with the softness of the singed satin or crepe flowers shown HERE.
ooh la la!

No comments:

Post a Comment