Monday, July 30, 2012

A glamping we will go....

What is Glamping you ask? Glam + Camping = Glamping. 
I got the bug. & I have Pinterest to blame for it. There's soooo much goodness over there in terms of visual inspiration...& I have been falling in LOVE with Glamping. 
I started to pin. & pin. & pin. & get more & more inspiRed!

Glamping is the perfect marriage of my love for decorating my space & Jeff's love for camping.
So....we started on a little adventure.  We looked on Craigslist, Ebay & our local classifieds: KSL.


This lovely tent is 495 pounds...wow. So...i started thinking...what about a travel trailer?
Vintage travel trailers are tricky...we KNEW we'd have to fix it up & it would be trashed. So, we were expecting a lot of work...but, we knew we needed good 'bones.'  I fell in LOVE with the old vintage Shastas. oh my.


But, they are more expensive that what I wanted to pay...I really wanted to only pay about as much as that tent. Fix it up just enough to have fun glamping...not a full restoration project.  

Loved this inspiration...so, we looked at a bunch...narrowed it down to what we wanted: size, price, amenities, etc. And,on Saturday morning, we went & checked out the one that fit everything we wanted.
We saw her. 

& bought her. & brought her home.
I've been prepping her, washing her & today I'm ready to paint her. Here's a lil Insty 'Before'.
I'll save the really heinous Befores for the wonderful Afters. *wink*
But, for now...I'll be busy...Thanks, Pinterest! I'm going to cReate!



No comments:

Post a Comment