Friday, April 24, 2009

look....

a few words about my Paris photos. First off, disclaimer:
I'm no professional photographer. Sure, I've taken photo classes, photograph a lot have a fun camera...but that doesn't mean I'm a pro!
I just have fun.
(photo by the fabulous pro: Sande Krieger)
I love to play around with composition, juxtaposition, the lenses, and of course the photo editing part.

Here are some answers to your questions.

What kind of camera do you use?
I have a Canon XT. no. not an XTi or an XSi or even a 50D, Mark II or Mark III.
Oh how I wish I did, but again..I am not a pro so this has done me just fine. & I carry it with me all the time. *thanks Sande for documenting this! LOL!*


What lens do you use?
I have a few, but these are my fave:50mm 1.4 and the 28-105mm 3.5/4.5
for everyday use. Not overly indulgent...I would LOVE this. and this. and this.
some day.

What editing program do you use?
This is where I do think I need to have the power I want to design, so I've chosen Adobe Photoshop...the latest is on its way. CS4. I've been using CS3, but since I do do this professionally I think it's vitally important to keep up with the latest upgrades.

How do you edit your photos?
I love to use Actions. Do you remember our fabulous House of 3 photos by the amazing Nichole V & Jefra Linn? Well, Nichole's Actions are my fave. Funny, I'd purchased them before I'd even met her...I'd found them online & THEN, when I got to actually meet the genius behind my fave Actions, I was *starstruck*. THEY are professionals! wow!

How do you do your borders on your blog?
I
like a light background, so when I go in to my 'layout' you can choose Fonts/Colors. Just select white for the border of your photos...then, it looks like it's invisible! *wink*

Ok...so, w/o further ado...I wanted to give you a sneak peek of what's going to be available in the House!

Do you want some of our newest product? House Adornments?
They come to your doorstep via the U.S. Postal Service in these fabulous black boxes...just the boxes got me giddy!
But, the possibilities..ohhhhh the possibilities! They are repositionable stickers WITH JEWELS. We have 3 different designs:
Ornate Frames (comes with 2 large, 2 smaller)
Chandliers (comes with 1 large, 1 smaller & the chains)
and..
a lamp. a divine, delicious lamp with jewels!

Check out how Janet used hers on a floating frame! And, Heidi's got a photo of the chandeliers in a girls' bedroom. darling!
Think about it:
jeweled stickers large enough *and small enough* to use everywhere!
glass
mirrors
walls
doors
books
paper/layouts
windows

oh my!

So...be on the lookout! We'll be giving away on Monday! woohoo!
R

14 comments:

  1. These are gonna be wonderful Rhonna...
    Have a lovely weekend:)♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome! I've been itching to see what you ladies would have as I knew it would be nothing short of Amazing! And this would all look so fab in my newly finished craft studio! Pics on my blog in a slideshow finally! I've gotten lots of compliments on my RF artwork and the chandelier art I created using HO3 brushes! hugs from Conroe, TX! Still looking forward to hearing when your coming to By Design in August!

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay on my way to look! love the boxes,so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU are going to LOVE cs4 (i upgraded from cs and can't believe how awesome it is). and I am going to LOVE those house adornments. finally i will get to put up a chandelier in my daughter's bedroom without my husband throwing a fit. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow. i am een love! these are so scrumptious, i could DIE!!! the packaging could not be more lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want those ChANdELiErS
    ......perfect for my girls room. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Wall Art is gorgeous but I am already thinking what wonderful thing I can do with the beautiful box when I inevitably buy some wall art :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome...thanks for the tips on the photos and the sneak peek! Those look like such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The wall art looks amazing and so does the packaging. Loved your answers to the questions...always interesting what people use.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was so looking forward to hearing more about the wall art today...
    Tomorrow, maybe???

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been so awaiting new House of 3 releases! The three of you are an absolute well of inspiration! Love the pictures from Paris, and thanks for posting them for me to see!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving this stuff! So many ideas floating around in my head with that chandelier. I think I'm in puppy love!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been waititng for these to come out!!!! Whoo hoo...love it all. Grace

    ReplyDelete