Wednesday, June 3, 2009

DIY pRoject No. 3>>>

...takin' a break from decoRating...but pRoject No. 3 has been going full force around here:

The strawberries have looked so delicious around here, we decided to get going on our annual freezer jam fest. J helped me & passed off a goal in her Personal Progress book...it was so fun. fast. & easy!!!

Steps:
1. wash, cut & puree strawberries.
2. add 1 1/2 c. of sugar to 1 envelope of Freezer Jam Pectin. Follow directions.
3. ladle into jars. top off with cute labels!

And of course, to top off our whole sha*bang, we added these cute labels to the jars.

Just print it out on white sticker paper to adhere directly to the jars, OR print out on cardstock for tags if you're giving as a gift....somethin' fun! enjoy!
enjoy your DIY Summer Project series!

.....and House of 3 is gearin' up for a super cool Summer *Boredom Buster* Project, too! Did you get the email newsletter? If not, be sure to sign up...we'll be tellin' you about it more!
R

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Freebie! Can you tell me how to make the Freezer Jam, I would LOVE to do make that with my girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are super sweet! Thanks for this cute freebie. Now I can't wait to make our jam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the super*cool labels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so cute! Thank you ever so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the freebie and the wonderful inspiration that you provide. What a fun summer project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I was at the doctors office browsing your site on my phone when I saw your post and I was like HELLO! I was hoping not to miss it and I didn't! Hugs from Conroe, TX!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Missed it again! I'm going to have to put you on speed dial!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, so I'm too slow, but I want the labels, how can I get some? It must have been jam making week, I totally made strawberry jam yesterday too, so funny! Did you get your strawberries at Macey's? Costco had some raspberries, so I made some of that kind too and freezer jam is so easy, and sooo good :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the jam labels but I was too late to get. I'm picking berries this weekend and canning jam. The labels would have looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bummer, I missed out again! I am too slow. :) I've never made freezer jam, looks yummy! I may have to try it. I usually make choke cherry jelly and apple jelly in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the labels but missed out, will you be putting them up for sale anywhere, I would love to purchase them, Thanks, Brandy

    Can't wait to see what else is in you DIY series:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sad ;o( Somehow I missed the download of this cute jam tag! I would love to get this if possible! Freezer jam... yummy! Especially when it's strawberry!

    ReplyDelete
  13. snooze you loose...well, i must have snoozed and lost out on this. bummer. will these be made to purchase sometime in the near future? (crossed fingers) please. oh, please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. No way I could still get this download, is there? It's gorgeous and I just made a bunch of jam :(

    ReplyDelete