Monday, July 6, 2009

unplugged....


no internet.
no email.
no nothin.
up in the mountains of Colorado...with family.
sheer bliss.
It was so amazingly beautiful & we hiked, laughed, biked, ate, swam, laughed, bungee jumped, rode a buckin' bronco, slid (I crashed) down the alpine slide & enjoyed bonding as a family. 25 grandkids = a bit of crazy (& we missed 2 of them greatly...but, Jeff & Cherie
were occupied! congrats, guys!)
My sister has an amazing eye & she brought fab, colorful props for taking pics! We had too much fun with all of the girl cousins...the photo shoots were fun memory makers!

Amazingly beautiful bailey....
these 2 girls melt my heart!

fun hats. umbrellas. out in the woods...it was so gorgeous...then, it poured! good thing we had the umbrellas!

We found these cool trucks lined up along someone's fence. they were out having their 4th of July bbq & I stopped & asked if we could take pics. 25 grand kids poured out of cars & we shot fast & furious as they just played on them!
fudge, fireworks, old towne goodness....even the Hof3 4th of July Tees we made were a huge hit! Even the little stubborn ones loved & wore theirs! *wink*

Family is what it's all about for me...spending time, making memories, bonding with each other & the kids....our week was one filled with gratitude, love & FUN!

We missed Cherie greatly, but loved being together as moms, women, wives, sisters...family! They are all amazing & truly inspire me to want to be my best self!
**they wore their 4th of July shirts, too! :)***elbow still bandaged 3 days after I left most of it on the alpine slide track...i have GOT to slow down!**
(frames on photos: House of 3 Rounded White Corner Kit, Rounded Corner Frames & Negative Frame Set.)
Blogger
Also...to learn more about using frames & such to make your photos *pop*...Jessica Sprague just started a FREE online workshop including an exclusive House of 3 kit! Go check it out!
R

14 comments:

  1. Looks like tons of fun! Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your photos are always so incredible. Looks like a beautiful place.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family lives in CO and I miss it dearly! What beautiful family photos!! Looks like some models in the making ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I love all the photos you took! They have a vintage feel...love it! What part of Colorado were you in? I remember sliding on an Alpine slide by Durango Colorado when I was little. We are Military and getting ready to move to Colorado Springs this fall, can't wait to be there!! Glad you had such a great time and hope your arm gets better fast!

    Hugs to you,
    ~Victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow - absolutely stunning photos - would love to know how you achieved some of those effects - really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing photos and very beautiful girls, looks like you had a wonderful time.
    Thanks for the HO3 stuff, the sparkler cards were a big hit, my neighbors and friends loved them. Friday night we went up the canyon, no fireworks but I used the sparkler cards with some glow sticks, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowser, looks like a fabulous trip:D amazing photos too :D
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rhonna-

    I love the look of your photos, very vintage and serene. Was that an action you used or did you do it yourself in PS or PSE??

    I would love to do that with one of my daughters photos....

    Glad you had a great time!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for sharing your incredible photos! It shows how much you all love each other and enjoy being together! Awesome! Hugs from Conroe, TX!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the pictures are absolutely amazing, they look like they could be adds in anthropologie. I love the setting, especially the old truck. Love the vintage feel of the photos.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just found your blog through Elizabeth kartchner's--she linked you today. I love all of these pictures!! Amazing effects, lighting & models. ;-) I just put you on my reader list! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just have to say your photos are wonderful. And whatever you do to them (besides the beautiful frames and such) make me want to sit down and actually figure out CS3 no matter how many late nights it takes!
    what steps do you take to make them POP? My daughter is a photographer and has done some amazing stuff but I love the look and style you apply to yours.
    any hints ;)

    Selena
    Tucson, Az

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to know the actions or techniques you used on the pictures. It looks like Boutwell and if it is then I must buy them immediately!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks so much, rhonna!! wish we could have been there too...but a higher duty called. :)

    LOVE all or your photos! can't believe how crazy beautiful that place is. and you made it look amazing!

    ReplyDelete