Tuesday, July 21, 2009

love quotes? love altered projects? look....

at the Soul Happy book! I love this book by Compendium! It's simple & powerful. I am a total quote lover & this book is just FAB....

So, it's a perfect canvas to start with...I love altered projects & I just designed a NEW House of 3 kit that is perfect for any
inspirational altering of books, projects, anything! It's a perfect challenge for my daily 'creativity exercises'.


The front of the book is a gorgeous linen fabric. And I altered the front with the replacement jewels from the
House of 3 Wall Art! & the OooLaLa tags printed out on clear & white Sticker Paper from Avery!
One of my favorite things to do is treat these gorgeous quote books like an art journal...adding my own handwriting, feelings, art & doodles like I would in any other art journal.
Above: the 'choose to be positive' sticker is in the
Inspiration Printables kit & printed out on the white sticker paper, while the graphic border is printed out on ink jet transparency & just adhered on the page of the book. I added a tag from the printables kit as well that I printed on white cardstock & cut out with a scalloped circle punch!
The kit is also offered in a
Digital file format here. Each design is offered as a PNG file so you have the capabilities of using them on your blogs, blog design, photos, scrapbook pages, cards, etc!




The kit comes with ledger tags in various shapes: rectangle, square & circle. I love these flourished banner designs....they can be printed out for any project. Think:
other Compendium books
scrapbooks
cards
so....as promised, I have 2 Soul Happy books to give away...


Hope & Kerry! email me your addy & I'll get them sent out! Can't wait to see what
you do with them!

Enjoy!
R

9 comments:

  1. Great ideas for altering the book! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oH ...How `Beautiful`
    Great project TFS:)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. I love altered books, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW...never thought to alter an already published work. This is a fantastic idea and you have outdone yourself with your own style!!
    Great project!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the book is beautiful! i can't wait to get my hands on that new kit of yours. i just made some atc backgrounds with the help of your tutorials & posted it on my blog. you are the BEST! i think i'm addicted to this digital stuff :)
    Nerissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Rhonna! I'm looking forward to reading all the great quotes and inspirations. I'm a little nervous with altering it but i'm gonna go for it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I would write in my books too if I had your handwriting and doodling capabilities. I saw your picture on another blog and I was surprised when I recognized you. I didn't know you were part of House of 3. I just did a Jessica Sprague Photoshop class and we used some House of 3 stuff. You are amazing and so creative. I never knew! By the way, this is Mauri Staker, Hunter's mom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. first thing in the morning I see my e-mails and your blog!

    so beautiful and inspiring posts!

    thank you, thank you Rhonna

    have a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful ideas. Love it. Quotes are a love of mine and I think I'm going to go for it.

    www.nofussfabulous.com

    ReplyDelete