Thursday, December 10, 2009

Enjoy the Season....



this is my goal. to enjoy the season. sometimes I wish I could just bottle it all up.

the giddy laughter.
the excitement.
the Christmas Spirit.
the surprises!

Wouldn't that be great if we could
bottle it up & during the rest of the year when we need a little lift, we could just open up the *magic*?
Well....this whole thought process I've had has spilled into my Christmas decor & even my gifts. *think: cookies/brownies/goodies/little creative gifts all bottled up.*

To share.
To preserve.
To open & enjoy!

I love the process of gift giving. It brings me such JOY!

....thinking of others. looking for ways to serve others. creating a holiday feeling around our home in decorations & gifts. I just love it & want to cherish every single moment.

These bottles & jars are all over & filled with little delights: birds, trees, snow, House of 3 Christmas art & candy!...havin' so much fun!
How about YOU? What have you been doing to enjoy the season?
R
**eta: lots of emails asking HOW I did these...I'll do a DIY Christmas No. 2 on Monday! *wink*

14 comments:

  1. Spending time with my family, laughing and playing games. Also we "adopted" a girl from our YW's class and bought her a NEW winter coat with tons of headbands. We're going to leave on her doorstep and put this note with it...

    HO, HO, Ho! Merry Christmas! Love, S. Claus

    I've been DVR'ing our fave Christmas shows. We're going to take a couple of days and just watch them ALL!!

    The house is all decked out so pretty, too!!

    Thanks for sharing your ideas, Rhonna!! I love your style!:)

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Rhonna! I would love to say I have been able to enjoy and breathe in the season but that hasn't happened so much....too busy. Why is it that December is always so busy? Love your ideas - thank you so much for sharing....it's a little bit of heaven in my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This is amazingly CREATIVE!!
    LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those little snow globes! My baby sister made one a couple of years ago at school and she has it in her room year round. It has a little tree with ornaments made out of pipe cleaners and fake snow. I have been crafting and making homemade gifts this year, actually this is my second year of making everyone's gift for Christmas, so much fun and personal. Hope you have a great weekend!!
    ~Molly P

    ReplyDelete
  5. So creative! I used to think I was creative till I came across all you women, LOL. Hugs from conroe, TX! p.s. will the 3 21'er winners get their decorated hearts this year by chance?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok you cute creative girl - these are darling! I just love love love them! Especially that touch of turqouise! :) Happy Holidays to you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just darling! I love the color combination of red, white and turquoise. I just bought a bunch of things that color to do a dessert table. Your display is so charming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love your "Bottled up" christmas..

    Looks like you are really feeling
    the Christmas "Spirit"..
    Love your Decorations.
    Thanks for sharing so many wonderful ideas through the year.
    Really love your blog and House of 3.
    Happy Holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these!!! I am just curious how you got the reindeer and trees to stand up & put that much snow in there?? hmmmmm. . . . . As always- great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is SO SO cute! can't wait to see your houses from last nght!

    ReplyDelete
  11. darling!
    can't wait to see the tutorial.
    :O)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rhonna,
    Was the penscrappers November winner announced?

    ReplyDelete
  13. So perfect! I have a soft spot for snow globes.

    Thanks!
    Blessings, Sudie
    http://www.unKit.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Rhonna,

    I'm sure you've spied me in your sitemeter more than 100 times over the past few days so I thought I'd say "hi" and let you know you'll probably see me 100 more times before the Christmas season is over. I'm in awe of all your creativity and just have to keep coming back to absorb every detail.

    Merry Christmas, Cori

    Oh! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete