Tuesday, December 1, 2009

winner & Wacom contest begins!


Congrats, Natasha for winning a spot in Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas Class....it starts today & I'm so excited! It was fun hearing from all of you...I wish I had a spot to go to everyone!

And, it's December 1st. Go check out the Wacom Pen Scrappers site! This month the contest theme is:
Gratitude. I love this in December! Normally we think of it in November, but really...isn't it fantastic to have that attitude of gratitude during the Christmas season? I think so!

So, look at what you can
win:
Wacom Bamboo Craft tablet
Canon PowerShot A480 camera
Serif Digital Scrapbook Artist CD
Daisytrail DigitKit Collection 1 CD
100 iStock Credits
1 Year Free subscription to Paper Creations Magazine

fab grand prize, I'd say! So, get on over there, check it out & enter!

Be watching in the next couple of days, too! There will be a whole slew of new tutorials over there! I did one of creating a silhouette out of a photo like this.
It's super easy with your Wacom Tablet....fun Christmas presents, I'm thinking! I love this art! Such a great way to capture our family's silhouettes.

I grew up with memories of these old hand cut silhouettes of my mom & her 2 brothers framed in oval frames above my granny's fireplace. The story goes: one day a blind man came to my grandparent's door & he was doing these silhouettes for money. He'd feel the person's profile & cut it out of paper. Can you believe that? I wish I had a picture of my grandparent's mantle with these framed silhouettes! See how important documenting your every day memories can be?

I found some oval frames & am going to do this for our family to keep that tradition alive!

And..I've been working on a hand crafted Christmas around here.
wrapping paper
ribbon
doilies
newspaper
feathers
glitter.

you get the idea.

Last year I vowed to NOT spend any money on new Christmas decorations. (I think I even confessed it's a sickness I have..I just LOVE decorations & I had way too many!)

So..this year, I'm doing the same thing...I created some fun things with what I had on hand. (minus this fab vintage christmas wreath I got here!)
I'll take pics & show you! Of course, I've got House of 3 in the mix along with tons of inspiration from Spark! *wink*
Happy Tuesday!
R

2 comments:

  1. Rhonna, I think I have a picture of Granny's mantel. . . . .where? I don't know. but someday you will have it!!! MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You so much for the fabulous competition kit Rhonna, It was fabulous and I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge. I was the winner of the competition and would just like to say ThankYou to you as I can't see where I can thank you on the Wacom site. Fabulous tutorials!!!

    ReplyDelete