Tuesday, February 16, 2010

seeing the everyday....the magazine. the concept.



I'm in LOVE with this concept. My sister gave everyone in our family a subscription to this magazine for Christmas & I've devoured every issue. (thanks, my dear...i love you!)

I can easily get caught up in the fast pace of my life...I'm busy. busy. busy. & can easily get out of balance....get too busy to stop &
see the everyday.


Isn't that FAB? I love it! This just speaks to me.
I
want to see the everday. I do not want to get too busy that I miss out on the poetry of my everyday life.
I
want to notice the daily opportunities to build relationships with my family....help them develop character & find joy....I just have to be willing to pay the price of my time.



This is a simple magazine. Not alot of fluff. Not filled with ads. It gets to the point.

The photography is simple.
But, the images are so beautiful they made me stop in my tracks & look further.

The magazine layout is simple.
But, the content is so rich & chock full of sheer upliftment! (is that even a word?)

The table of contents is simple.
But, each section of the magazine has photos, stories & quotes about each of these everyday aspects of our lives.

eat: Eating together provides a space for listening, sharing & growing.
work: Simple home needs, when done together, sustain & nurture the whole.
play: All hard work deserves a healthy dose of honest play.
listen: Things made by little hands have marvelous purpose & explanation.
teach: A mother is first of all a teacher.
laugh: At times, small voices, almost unnoticed, bring grand responses.
build: What lies behind us & what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us. (Emerson)

I laughed. I cried. I ooooohhhhed & ahhhed at the beauty of this magazine.
I just feel so inspired when I read these issues. *eta: go here for subscriptions.

So, this morning for my Creativity Exercises, I picked out of my jar:

I got going on my Inspiration boards for some projects I've got going...


I get excited about inspiration boards, but it was funny that I was attracted to all of these things that applied to my home. my everyday.
See? Everything just seems to come together when I'm focusing on creativity. everyday. family. home. my everyday.

*sigh* love this.
have a fab Tuesday!
Be sure to check out the Inspiration House for some fab ideas AND a huge discount on one of our House favorites!

AND>>>>> tomorrow is Live Webshow Wednesday! Watch as Heidi shows some FAB ways to create some hybrid happiness in YOUR home with House of 3!


p.s. don't forget your daily inspiration mash up! LOVING this!

9 comments:

  1. Love it! Just subscribed and listed your blog in the "how'd you learn about us" field. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to keep my eye out for this magazine...it looks wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. never heard of that mag, thanks for the wonderful tip. loved all the quotes from it. you rock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this very nice writing and inspiration, I am always enojoying visiting here. Is this EVERYDAY in the market already?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Rhonna. That magazine sounds incredible!!! And this is exactly what I needed to hear today. Thank you so much for posting this... Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rhonna - I had a question. Do you use illustrator to design all of your fabulous stuff? I'm thinking of trying to learn this and wanted to know where to start. Any tips??

    ReplyDelete
  7. This magazine sounds like something the world definately needs! Thanks for paying forward!

    ~Holly Padilla

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once again....I check out your blog to see what's new..and you always lead me to somewhere...This simple magazine is sooooo ME.
    It is THE very reason I read the blogs I read.
    Thank You Rhonna!

    -Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Something I will have to check out. It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete