Monday, June 6, 2011

monday makeoveR>>>DIY Fabric Flower/Ruffle Pillows

For today's Monday Makeover, I'm hoping these ideas uplift & inspire you!!!!

I wanted to show you how my pillow makeover turned out....I love them! A few weeks ago, I got this summer quilt for our bed....LOVE the color combo! grey, tan, white, cream, mustard....so FAB!

As I showed you HERE, I started doing some no-sew ruffles with the cool fabric glue gun technique! Sew Easy! *giggle*

So, I added those ruffles to the edge of the plain pillow shams I got that went with the quilt...Loved the effect.

I took the covers off of some square throw pillows I had & hot glued pins on the back of all of these fabric flowers I made using THIS tutorial.  So, I could just pin them into the pillow form...easy. cheap. & I LOVE how it turned out!
Pin ItThen, I grabbed some of my fave grey flowers from the Pink Paislee collection: Parisian Anthology that we did with House of 3....Pinned them on the pillow...& voila! A floral decorative pillow....agian...Easy peasy makeover!

Pin It

The middle pillow is a plain cream pillow I had & I just did the same technique to make the ruffles....& hot glued them on. It's simple & versatile enough, I have a feeling I'll be using this pillow for a long time to come...love it!

 

** all NO-SEW!** I just used the fabric hot glue gun...my best friend! *grin*


I am in the process of designing & YUDUing a burlap lumbar pillow to top off the whole look..but, I ran out of emulsion & have to burn still burn & yudu the design on the burlap.  So excited how the design turned out...I'll have to show you as soon as I'm done!

So...happy Monday!  It was so fun to makeover the pillows...what are YOU up to today?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment