Monday, April 5, 2010

DIY coloRed Coffee Filter Flowers




I've had lots of questions about the coffee filter flowers I did with Glimmer Mist &
crepe paper ruffles. So...even though the pix are bad...just had my cell phone handy while I was doing it..I thought I'd give you some info:

step No. one> Create the
Coffee Filter flowers following my video OR whatever way is easiest for YOU!

step No. two> With your favorite colors of Glimmer Mist, spritz a few squirts all over the flower. Be careful, because if you get it too wet, it will get too soggy! Let dry a bit...then sop up your excess spray with your flower....come on...sop it up! You'll get a lot of mileage from your GM! :) and...give your flowers more color!

step No. three> Take a roll of crepe paper streamers & get your sewing machine out....Simply slide in the streamer as you work it through the sewing machine with a simple straight stitch. This is so great because you can make them as long as you need them.

Below, I have them hanging down from a very high ceiling, & I did 3 different lengths for variety.
step No. four> Staple your colored flowers onto the ruffle & swag, hang, wrap, adorn!

10 comments:

  1. OH my Gosh! Love these! tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I've been thinking about doing that sewing down the center with crepe paper! These are loverly and festive! Thanks for sharing. :D

    http://classiclyamber.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project! So inspired to create these for grandmother's upcoming birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talk about cute, cute, cute!!!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this blog is a smorgasboard of deliciousness! Amazing garland. Wowza!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! If you get a chance go visit my friend Lolly's blog. She made the cutest felt flower bouquet for her mom and shared a tutorial. *hugs from Texas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rhonna -

    Thank you so much! These are just gorgeous!

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh!my goodness again so cute post you have done marvelous job. Send gifts to Pakistan

    ReplyDelete