Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring Chalkboard Wall fun....

I painted this little wall in my house about a year ago...it is just a small slice in the entry way that we see when we come in & out of the house...& it was nothing special. But, for the past year it has been a happy spot.

Painted with black chalkboard paint, we draw murals, love notes, to do lists, & have artsy fun all over it. It's become a favorite little something special now!


So, this year, I played with chalking, drawing, putting branches, birds, eggs & butterflies all over.
think: 3d meets 2d. & the other day when we were Sparking, Margie & Liz asked: "Why haven't you taken pix of this?" I told them the lighting is tricky & I haven't taken the time...but, I think it's time to share!
I have the little House of 3 mini banners in the Spring Junque Borders Printable all hung on the branches. so cute.
flowers just tacked right to the wall, & birds perched on branches & in nests. So fun & springy...it makes us smile!


So? What are YOU doing around your home to welcome in Spring? I'd love to see & hear! :)

We are enjoying a week in the Springy*sunshine...I'll do my best to keep up, but hope you have a great week & don't miss the Live Webshow! Most likely I'll be moderating from my vacation spot! *wink*

9 comments:

  1. Love chalk boards, made a large one for my grandkids who live with me. It's 4x8 and also used metal paint so they could display their school work with magnets. Getting ready to also use chalk board paint on a large piece of sheet metal, 36x48 to go into a large frame I got for a steal at hobby lobby, love that stores 90% aisle. Also made a chalk board on a kitchen door. I know a bit over board. Love your wall! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely! I've been so busy with bdays and getting ready to teach that I haven't done any decorating! Hope to do some this week! I have all my Spring HO3 and so just need to get the lead out so to speak ;)
    *hugs from Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute idea. I'm going to steal this and do it in my new scrap room (a few years away). But in the meantime... I saw at an open house once that somebody had an old window frame that was painted up, with plywood behind that was painted with the chalkboard ink. Think I might give that a try. Wound be nice in our office!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm gonna do that in my studio...duh!! rhonna, you are just soooo inspiring!!!! where did you find your darling little birdies and butterflies???? are you coming to seattle anytime for events or classes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Rhonna! That is just about the cutest ever! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you have this in your home. What a happy spot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i just painted a wall in our house with chalkboard paint and can't wait to decorate it up like you did. so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks great! Hope you are having a great vacation. We welcomed spring by going on vacation out west only to return to the cherry blossoms blooming and it being 75 degrees with a warm wind! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so stinking cute...but hello can you come draw your doodles for me. I can do most things crafty but draw.
    I am loving playing with your 110 brushes. I was at your class at Dear Lizzy and loved it.
    Keep on inspiring me.
    Heart ya...Michelle

    ReplyDelete