Friday, January 7, 2011

restyle. twenty eleven. DIY Inspiration Board.





 I love this. 
I plan on a LOT of restyling this year. rearranging. remaking. reshaping. anything & everything!  love this whole concept.

 I've had these fabulous *old skool*map drawers in my studio for several years now. They are a great height for me, since I like standing as I create. And Jeff topped them with custom stainless steel surfaces so they are basically indestructible. 
*my kind' o work table.*

I've had them up against my long wall with my huge magnet inspiration board above it.  For the web show on Wednesday night, Jeff pushed the tables out from the wall so Heidi & I could stand behind them...perfect!  

So, after our show when Jeff & I were moving back these work tables I thought: *Wait! I want to restyle: rearrange in a new shape. Jeff is so patient with me. *love that man* 

a few grunts, pushes, & voila!

i love them face to face like this! just something new. something fun. something to refresh my studio space. 
Yes, I'll most likely get sick of this & restyle it again. But, for now, I'm liking it!

So, after the show, I had so many people asking about my huge inspiration board on the wall...where did I get it?
Well...it's completely DIY! I had this space & knew I wanted a long inspiration board..I couldn't find anything. So, I designed one to my specs & had my assistant *she's remarkable* create this out of:
galvanized metal sheets (2)
wood made into a frame
painted plain white
& we hung it up! It was perfectly blank! So, I added some of my fave damask packing tape to the plain wood frame & even down the seam of the galvanized metal. I loved the look. A little sass with enough space to put up all of my inspiration!
For the show, I took everything down & we just had all of the pages from the 2011 Remarkable kits. I framed 2 of my faves in my vintage frames, hung them from the upper shelf &....it was perfect!
so, there you have it!
some fun *restyling* to spice up your life...
happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment