Thursday, April 19, 2012

Fresh Living Utah...today! DIY paper flowers

Excited to share some of my DIY paper flower tips on our local KUTV's Fresh Living Show today using Rhonna Designs digital downloads!
I had fun sharing some ideas on how to print off your Rhonna Designs on vintage text/dictionary/music paper to change the look of these easy DIY flowers!


Here, I printed off the Chevron background  (recolored following THIS tutorial)  onto plain Epson Photo Matte paper & the exact same design onto some old vintage music paper I got at a thrift store. (entire book was .50)  See the cool difference? Now, don't get me wrong..I love both effects, here, but the flowers I created above were with vintage dictionary, text/book & music papers mixed with my Follow Your Heart collection with My Mind's Eye!

 
Notice the different paper flowers in this bouquet. 
Here's a little DIY for you....
1. Download your fave Rhonna Designs printables.

2. Print out on any kind of paper you'd like..here, I've done it on vintage papers. Just stick them right into your printer & voila! Cool superimposed look!

3. Cut your flowers. 
Flower idea No. 1: Use a die cut & cut out various sizes & shapes; scalloped circles, flowers, circles)
Flower idea No. 2: Cut out a strip of your paper with Fringe scissors, roll around a skewer stick & glue.

4. Create. Use your imagination & layer your flowers around various 'middles'...i.e. on the show I talked about party picks w/ the honeycomb ball shown below. *I bought a whole pack at a party store.*
or long jeweled flower picks, pearl top pins, or even a bamboo skewer w/ a pearl or glass ball glued on top!
I LOVE milk glass & I just stick some floral foam or styrofoam in the bottom (w/ some hot glue) & then stick the various flowers in to create a bouquet!

How fun is that? This is how I created the flowers for my Spring Wreath...remember THIS DIY tutorial?

If you're a little unsure about digital downloads..here's a FREE printable template you can use (you'll need to sign in to your Rhonna Designs account to download) & you can play with it until you are DYING because you're having SO much fun & just HAVE to have MORE Rhonna Designs! *wink*

Thanks, again, KUTV Fresh Living!!! Loved it!
now...off to SNAP conference! I'll be pinning,  Instagramming, tweeting & facebooking, so follow along! 



No comments:

Post a Comment