Tuesday, March 31, 2009

tick..tock..is it April 1st yet?

When it is (at 12:01 a.m)...check this out!
Happy April Fool's Day! Totally excited about all the goodness over at House of 3.
but...also
fun in the Farrer home:
It's a family tradition to have 'Backwards Day' today.
When I was young, we'd complain to my mom about things like,
'Why do we always have to eat our dinner before we can have dessert?"
"Why do we always have to do our chores before we can play?"
"Why do we always have to do our homework before we can hang out!"

So, in her brilliance, she made a proclamation: One day a year we'd throw out all the 'rules' & do it backwards.
So...We wake up & do our daily schedule backwards! Dessert first.
Then , dinner.
Then, school...& after school we do our daily chores/jobs.
As a mom..it's fun to continue this fun tradition! My kids love dessert first! And so do i..i love the whole concept...dessert first.

My mom was very smart....we felt like at least one day out of the year we got to have it 'our way'. Dessert first. The best first...no waiting. best thing first. love it!

Traditionally, we always had strawberry shortcake. But, since we are Gluten Free now...

I stayed up making Pavlova for our traditional 'Backwards Day' dessert!
Thanks to my dear friend, Em, for introducing this delight! mmm*wah!

We woke up...had our strawberry Pavlova & it's SNOWING! Can you believe it?
Oh well...focus today on 'the best first'...treat your family. Make a craft. Decorate your house. Do a fun project...all before you have to do something else!
Make these cute Easter Bag Printables! It's refreshing!

Happy Backwards' day!

11 comments:

  1. LOVE PAV...happy 1st Rhonna, cant wait for the fun at Ho3 to start
    Robyn W - Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woowhoo! Just downloaded the freebies. Now off to update my blog with it! thanks so much! hugs from nancy of conroe tx!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my friend, your april fools day sounds fab!!
    My 1st of april just startd it is 7.30 am here, and kids will soon be off to school. busy, busy day today. :)
    Happy april fools to you.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    me again

    is there Freebies, i have been looking and looking ...i cant find them

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmm pavlova. sounds like a fun day!

    I think I missed the freebies :( oh well hopefully next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun day! My kids would love that too! I just downloading the freebies! Yeah!! Thanks so much! I'm printing up my calendar right now! I do have a question about the blog files. I REALLY want to use them, but I use wordpress. Do you know if they are compatible?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Day Backwards Happy!!!!!!!Paris Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  8. pavlovas are the best!! we had them at our wedding and it's been our fav dessert ever since!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the bag tutorial! so cool, rhonna! and hope your breakfast was dee-lightful...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice ideas !!!!

    Thanks for the video

    Marie-Helena à madrid
    http://mariehelenescrap.canalblog.com

    (You have blocked the identity fir those who haven't a google address. Open Id only for typepad, worldpress .. not for canalblog.com)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous loved this and have totally got it all done and finished in time for teacher gifts! I feel so organized :)

    http://tarisota.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/04/easter-creeping-up.html

    Tamar x

    ReplyDelete