Thursday, March 10, 2011

day 17: 6 week shape up


I *heart* this quote. It just feels right, ya know? 
Yes. I do believe we can do ANYTHING we set our minds to do....the sky's the limit!
BUT.
I have a tendency to try to do EVERYTHING! ...But, just because I CAN do it, doesn't mean I should. I've found that it takes away from my sense of JOY, fulfillment & it just complicates my life! I need simplicity.

I've been pouring over this: Of Things That Matter Most

There is a beauty and clarity that comes from simplicity that we sometimes do not appreciate in our thirst for intricate solutions.
So so true! There is beauty & clarity in slowing down & really figuring things out.

In talking about being SO busy that you can't breathe he says:

Let’s be honest; it’s rather easy to be busy. We all can think up a list of tasks that will overwhelm our schedules. Some might even think that their self-worth depends on the length of their to-do list. They flood the open spaces in their time with lists of meetings and minutia—even during times of stress and fatigue. Because they unnecessarily complicate their lives, they often feel increased frustration, diminished joy, and too little sense of meaning in their lives.

I've so enjoyed hearing from you via email...many of you have really poured out your souls to me..thank you!  But, one thing I've noticed & that has concerned me is:  Are we taking time to feel joy during this  6 week shape up? I've also noticed that this 6 week shape up has become more than just a physical shape up...it's mental, emotional & spiritual for many of us! ...love how it's evolved.

My question to you today is: 
Are YOU feeling increased frustration, diminished joy & too little sense of meaning in your life?
It's time to shape up. Read that article & ask yourself that question: 
What matters most? 
For each of us it will be different. For some it might be 
focusing on family. 
or focusing on yourself. 
or focusing on your job. 
or focusing on your health. 
or focusing on your relationships.

The important thing  is: find out what matters most to YOU & do it...it doesn't have to mean you are doing EVERYTHING...just doing what you CAN & feels right.
hugs to all of you 6 weekers! Can you believe it? We are on day 17!!! In our regular 21 Challenge, we'd almost be DONE! But...great news! We have 3.5 more weeks to improve, find joy & meaning in our lives!
Doesn't that feel great?

No comments:

Post a Comment