Thursday, March 17, 2011

House of 3 stamps + Tim Holtz Grid Blocks= happiness

Oh how I LOVE the NEW House of 3 Daily Junque & Soiree stamps! They are so fabulous...so many possibilities!  They come in 8x8 size with 33/37 pieces...I mean...really? How can you NOT buy these little lovelies!
I have had many emails about HOW to use the longer 8" borders...and, my answer is: Tim Holtz Grid blocks. 
I tweeted about them last week & I've been *ga-ga* with them every since I opened up the pkg!  

The pack comes with 9 thin acrylic blocks with the grids etched into them so you can really align these long 8" border stamps perfectly!!! It's so easy!

Then, the set comes with all other sizes that fit all of the other stamps on them PERFECTLY! It's a marriage made in heaven, I tell ya!
 Our cute map fits perfectly on the 3x4 block...and the larger blocks lend themselves so well with collaging the various stamps together. Above, I first stamped on the collage, & afterwards, I stamped the map over it all...it looked great. I was so excited, I forgot to take a pic of it! LOL!
 All of the itty bitty stamps like the hand, numbers, 'to do list'  in Daily Junque fit so well on the little blocks...also, the tiny words in Soiree are perfect on these 1x2 blocks.
 The cute little frames & bigger numbers work so great with the 2x2 block. & I don't know about you, but when you have such small stamps, it's so nice to have real control on where you put them...these little blocks make them perfect!
& the 3x4 block fits our flying clock, typewriter, globe, flowers, too! One thing I wanted to talk about here though is my 
fave TIP:  

Don't be afraid to cut apart these stamps.  For instance...look at how I cut out the hot air balloon so I can use the frame by itself, the hot air balloon by itself and THEN, put them back together again & stamp them together, too!  It also is perfect for any of the frames with an image inside OR even the banner flags off of the flag pole in the Soiree stamps....Then, you can have them singley OR put them back together since they stick so well on these acrylic blocks.
Oh my...these stamps make me so happy! I have been using them ALL over my She Art pages! LOVE them!


ok...back to our regularly scheduled program: 6 week shape up...thanks for letting me get all of that creativity giddy-ness out! Happy weekend...& STAY ON THE WAGON, girls! YOu can do it! Tuesday will be our Check in day & it will be 1 month! WOW...only 2 weeks after that! do NOT give up!
&...p.s. I'll be choosing a winner of the Bamboo Craft this Monday!
good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment