Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Ideas No. 19 & 20: 31 Halloween Ideas w/ Rhonna Designs: Spooky Top Hats & Skulls

We are half way through our 31 Halloween Ideas Series...w/ only 2 weeks until Halloween we've got a lot of Spooky FUN going on here w/ hybrid crafting for DIY projects! I'm loving them! Today, we build on yesterday's ideas about creating little scenes & vignettes. Today I'm sharing my ideas in my bell jars....

Ideas No. 19 & 20: Spooky Top Hats & Skulls

 For this fun project, I simply put a skull inside my bell jar, but added some Rhonna Designs FLAIR by topping Mr. Skelly w/ a top hat!  - here's a mini version tutorial.
 I used the It's Time Printable Party Hat template & simply cut out a large clock & a smaller clock for the top & brim of the hat. I cut the large 'cone' part of the template into a strip that I could make the longer part of the hat.  Added glitter, sequins, tulle, doily & a paper bow & voila! A fun little topper for Mr. Skelly!


Idea No. 20: Spooky Skulls
 Now, how about a Mrs. Skelly? She's got a little Paper Bow on her head! So cute! I love this because you can 'doll' up any skull you may have around! I had this one from last year, & so it was fun to put her on a little crystal stand & glam her up!
 I embellished her w/ the bow, & wanted to glam her up w/ a 'collar'...so, I created a vintage book lolly following THIS tutorial, folded some gold foil doily & added a crepe paper ruffle on the back. Popped her on that crystal stand under the bell jar & WOW....some Spooky glam!
Remember: all the details are 'my' style...but, you can take these ideas & add YOUR style to create a very cool & unique look that is all YOU! That is what ideas are all about....take them & make them your own! When you feel uplifted & inspired...go w/ your own ideas! THAT is what cReativity is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment