Monday, October 22, 2012

Idea No. 29 & 30: 31 Halloween Ideas w/ Rhonna Designs: Spooky Tassels & DIY Wreath

We are nearing the end of our 31 Halloween Ideas Series & today I've got some fun ones! All about DIY & Recycle/repurpose crafting! Along w/ some Rhonna Designs hybird crafting, of course!

How about a Recycled DIY Tassel Garland made out of old shirts, shopping bags & tissue paper...all things you most likely have around your house! And a regular feather wreath all Spooked up!

Idea No. 29: Spooky Tassels
Recycled DIY Tassel Garland:
I took this tutorial from Prudent Baby & modified it w/ the various materials I worked with:
recycled Forever 21 bag
old plaid shirt
leftover mylar tissue paper

I followed the tutorial (thanks, Prudent Baby, for such a great one!) on making these tassels, then strung them up on jute twine & voila! A festive, in expensive garland for my front door. I love this because it's weatherproof! *wink*


My whole 'door scape' is all about recycling! I recycled the It's Time Printable clocks into a garland, added my OLD spider web (which I love now that it's all ripped & torn) & used old wrapping paper to create fringed flowers (accented w/ vintage paper leaves) on the Rhonna Designs Dotty Printable paper lolly! Simply bewitching, I might add!
Simply fold the clocks in half, leave plain OR you can use doilies as well...i loved  mixing it up here!
Cute cute!
For the leaves of the Lolly, I simply created them out of vintage book paper & fringed the sides, for a feathery look...I love how it turned out!

Anndd....how many of you have the regular old feather wreaths? I've had black & white ones for years & i LOVE them because they are such a staple. You can do so may things w/ them. Add a Lolly inside.  a wreath in a wreath or
But, for this year's Halloween door wreath, I combined both of those ideas WITH this vintage paper wreath from Valentine's day to create.....

Idea No. 30: Spooky DIY Wreath
Love this one because of all of the other DIY elements mixed in to create a huge SPOOKY DIY Wreath!  I still have all the elements I loved of my other wreaths, but just created my own version for this year! 
I loved mixing the Spooky Junque mini banners w/ the picks and the modern Spooky collection with the vintage book paper, kraft paper & pearl...all juxtaposed w/ the feathers! mmm....loving it!

So...there you have it! enjoy & be sure to come back tomorrow for our final idea AND a fun, FUN Birthday giveaway! 
mmmwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment