Sunday, January 22, 2012

DIY Valentine cRafts ideas: glammed coffee filter flower garland

I owe this post to my amazing fRiend, Jamie Soucy. SHE is the inspiration for today's DIY Valentine idea.
At Christmas time, we had a girls craft night over at Jamie's & right when you walked into her amazingly gorgeous house, she had this jaw dropping coffee filter flower garland. I seriously LOVEd it!

You know how much I LOVE coffee filter flowers. a*hem.

 But, Jamie took it to a whole new level. I was DYING....(no pun intended) because her soft, tea dyed coffee filters had GLITTERED edges...oh my!

She was so fab to help me create my own by donating to the cause! *wink* hundreds of dyed coffee filters that were already glittered!  Her secret? She folded them in quarters, dipped them in mod podge & then glitter. BRILLIANT!

Then...she constructed the garland in her brilliant manner.

I'm a hot glue gun fiend, so I immediately grabbed 5 of them & went to town, creating a flower. She politely told me there's a much easier way to create the garland part:
put 5 of them together, 
staple on each side towards the center 
& then 
punch a hold in the middle...stringing them onto the garland.

um.
yea.
she's fab.
So, I got going & threaded mine with my vintage music ribbon & I loved how it looked! I had it up for Christmas & then added these Valentine rosette prize ribbons on the ends of my garland. I'm in LOVE!!


I needed an excuse to use the already-hot-glue-gunned-flower I'd hastily made...so, i came up with these rosette prize ribbons. 
supplies:
5 glittered & glammed coffee filters
hot glue gun
ribbon (silk is scrump)
pearls (bulk on a roll)
burlap (HUGE roll from Home Depot Garden Dept.)

I added them to the ends of the garland & I'm seriously LOVING it!  I made some jar gifts (planning to fill with candy as Valentine's Day gets closer) with jute twine & the Kiss Me Printables...then, wrote on the jar. 'valentine'...love these little accent jars around my vignettes. mmm!


As you can see...for now, I've got a flower in there...LOL...can't have candy around here too early...or it won't make it to Feb. 14!
So...enjoy this fun Valentine idea, & thanks again, Jamie! mmmwah! 
& with just a couple more weeks of the Valentine Giveaway...go on over & enter.
Happy Monday...tomorrow is Creative Team Tuesday....you will LOVE the ideas!
xoXo




No comments:

Post a Comment