Monday, February 16, 2009

I'm just in the mood....

to change up my Blog Couture...
kids are off school today...holiday.
S is sick.
Girls are hangin' out & we were in the mood to change up the fashion of our blogs. So fun. So easy. I love to change up the look & feel!


We had a fab Valentine's Day....I love making little custom Valentines!
I printed out the House of 3 Frames onto ink jet acetate transparency, made a little sticker ribbon & popped these babies on these pink pastry boxes. Can I just say? I love them? LOVE.You know how you want to take over a plate of cookies to a friend?
Or you need to put something cute in a little box?
a gift?
well, these boxes are perfect. I mean, how much cuter is a plate of cookies in this pastry box? ....wrapped up with tulle, & custom stickers you've printed out & made? Yea...forget the cookies on a plain paper plate with saran wrap...presentation is everything, dahling!

And, the cute tins?
I put jewels on the top, topped off with the acetate frame & tulle...filled the tin with valentine candies & printed off the cute freebie cards we had over at House of 3!
2 words.
Oh.
My.

They were a big hit in our house. I put a card & goodie box or tin on everyone's bed...they loved the secret cupid gift! I loved giving it to them!

So, I discovered Paper Mart about 7 years ago. I could NOT believe how much stuff they had & how reasonably priced it was....I bought a bunch of boxes, bags & tins. It's bulk..you get 250 of those boxes...yea, tons, but... guess what?
I just ran out of the boxes. (& *still have some of the glassine bags I bought*). They've lasted me 7 years, you guys. I even gave away a bunch of the boxes to my mom...she, too, relished in the fact that you can wrap anything in them, custom gifts in a flash.

Anyway, lest you are wondering....I get no kick backs from Paper Mart. I just love them.
I love these boxes, tins, doilies, bags...and TULLE! oh my..I got lime green, fushchia, black & turquoise. I want to wrap everything up in Tulle now! LOL!

Ok, I'm done ranting...I just get excited about this stuff & wanted to share!
Have a fantastic day!
R

9 comments:

  1. Rhonna, Love the new blog, will have to rush over to HO3 to see if it's available to buy. I currently am using one of your headers but haven't switched the background although I have bought several of them. I also bought some of your brushes and love them! I got a couple of black frames on sale this weekend and used them for the two prints I bought off your Etsy sight. I am going to buy two more frames and do my own art in those and incorporate them with yours. I plan on using your brushes so they will blend well with yours. I can't wait! hugs from Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new look - fab! And thanks for the link for Paper Mart...off to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gasp! Love your latest stunning blog look :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to visit your site often just to see the new blog couture! Love the little box ideas. You inspire me to the max! Thanks for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm up and running with this very design you are sporting today! Yippee! I hope my blog guests don't mind my many changes to come as I can't imagine not changing it up frequently with your designs! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so beautiful...it reminds me of Frida Kahlo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I popped on over here this morning and after seeing your snappy blog design, was going to ask if you'd consider doing blog design for my very plain~jane, bland, boring blog. Little did I know that you do indeed provide the goods for me to do this myself. What a blast I've been having changing things around this evening. Thanks for such great products, and for the shockingly affordable price line.

    Love, love, love it! Thanks again,
    Dede

    ReplyDelete
  8. HUGE fan...love it and am an avid follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my friend, You are so sweet. Love your excitement about the tulle. :) Your blog looks awesome, and your valentine gifts are beautiful. So - well popping into your blog just made my day.

    Have a great day you too.
    HUGS
    gudrun

    ReplyDelete