Thursday, January 29, 2009

The desire to create....

"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before.
Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty." Uchtdorf

when I heard this, it just resonated! so true, so true!

We can all create something of substance or beauty every. day. No matter what. And it doesn't have to be something huge & grandiose! It can be something as simple as a
"colorful gardens, harmonious homes, family memories, flowing laughter."

I love this. We all have that inside us...the need to cReate! When I read this this morning, I immediately wanted to create something to print out & look at with this quote on it...hence the above art. It's a little 'busy' but I had fun including things that are around me, things of beauty, dangling, growing, springing up all around me.
I have it in me to cReate those surroundings for my loved ones.
You do, too.
Go out & cReate your perfect day!
enjoy the process!
R

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this quote! I've been thinking a lot lately about taking a moment every day to do something creative - even if it's just for a minute. The urge to create grows stronger every day. This quote was perfect and just what I needed to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this piece. I really enjoyed the talk the quote came from, it really touched me! I'd never considered myself "creative" before, but it helped change the way I look at creativity :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful words, thanks for sharing!
    I wish I were creative, but this year so far has been dried up. Hope it will change soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful! I love this quote...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this with all of us. Sometimes we think our everyday is not very fulfilling but this quote says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this with us, you have created another masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this quote so much! I remember when I heard it in Conference it felt like a lightbulb had gone and I was like 'Finally!'. Such an awesome talk. Love it and love your pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Rhona,

    I just have to tell you that this blog design looks so amazing with all your digital wonders!

    ~ Gabriela ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. looooove this quote!! it struck me when i heard it too! it's so very true.
    I CAN'T WAIT FOR FEB. 1ST!!! open, open, open! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would it be okay if I used a copy of this for my blog? I want to do a post on creativity - it's my one little word. I would love to add this pretty! Just let me know :)

    ReplyDelete