Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Local girls...announcing>>>Digital Design Class!


So, I mentioned the fabulous class we'll be taking tonight with Kelly McCaleb...knitting. at Dear Lizzie. in the Bistro. private class. doors locked...only us girls with the chandeliers sparkling in the night...our own little clubhouse!
yea. I did, huh?

Well....I am excited to announce that I'll be teaching a class at Dear Lizzie. Wednesday, November 18. 7:30-9:30 p.m.
Same type of thing: after hours event. And....by popular request; it will be a digital design class.

Imagine: You'll bring your laptops to the ultra chic Bistro, enjoy their cupcakes & drinks as we design & learn together!
I've got a good idea of what I'll be teaching, but would LOVE to hear your requests!

So, locals, tell me what you'd want to learn at this 2 hour class!

requests.
start.
now.
:)
Happy Oct. 1st.
R

P.S. Wow, I had no idea what kind of response I'd get to this..but, it's been great! Thanks, everyone! Ok, so here are a few of the same questions I'm getting:

Q: What if I don't have a laptop?
A: This is really important. You'll get the most out of the class by doing. BUT, if you are still wanting to come & join us, I'll have a printed, detailed class booklet for you & you can take notes, go home & practice! It's up to you!

Q: What program will you be working in?
A: Photoshop CS4.(PSCS4) If you have Photoshop Elements (PSE), you can do this class. That's the great thing about me being right there with you...I can show you how to do it in PSE. But, the materials will be geared toward the most recent updates on PSCS4. (You'll need to tweak it a bit for your program you are using.)
TIP: To ensure the best experience, I would highly recommend having the program. You can download a FREE 30 day trial onto your laptop!

Q: How many people are you taking?
A: The class size is limited: 20 students. (24 MAX). This is so awesome...very intimate one on one tutoring. I"m so excited!

Q: What if I want to learn everything from you? Start to finish.
A: I'm so excited with the response today...it's looking like it might be a possibility that I could do beginning, intermediate & advanced classes! woohoo!

Q: How do I sign up?
A: I'll have more info in the next little bit as I hammer out the details of this first class!
Ok...keep the requests coming...& questions! Love it!

24 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds fab!!! wish I was local :(
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! This would almost be worth moving for... smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so happy you are doing this! wish i were in state!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wish i lived nearby so i could join in... if you ever do an online type thing...i am all over it...i already have learned so much from you! Thanks for all the inspiration/tips/helpful advice, etc.
    -Sue

    p.s. now, to get on board with the 21 day challenge...i know, i know, it's never too late :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, Rhonna.....you totally need to come to Dallas and visit Janet. That way you guys can do a little event like she and Heidi are doing on the 17th and we can learn all the goodies you are teaching at Dear Lizzie. Totally wish I could be there. Dear Lizzie sounds so wonderful and the class sounds like a super fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :( wishing I was a "local" right now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey what about out of towners! great excuse to come to UTAH and finally meet you! Or you could come down to the Phoenix valley? Heat has finally broken so it's doors open this morning. Would love to visit Dear Lizzy also!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea Miss Rhonna!
    Being local and an admirer of all things Rhonna, I have loads of stuff I would like to learn from you!
    I just don't know if what I am looking for is what other locals would be after...
    How about a class on wacom/digi brush building?

    B-

    ReplyDelete
  9. how about basics??? square 1 for a newbie rookie like me! thanks for all of your generosity. i love your sites and all the info you impart.

    jean

    ReplyDelete
  10. You need to seriously take this on the road! To Seattle, perhaps? :) good idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Rhonna, I'd love some advanced stuff!!! Or how to design a great page...or designing your own brushes. I'm all over this. Dear Lizzies is a fun place and totally your design style!

    ReplyDelete
  12. RHONNA HOW ABOUT SOME HOW TO'S ONLINE FOR OF US OUT HERE IN WEB LAND THAT WOULD LIKE TO PICK APART YOUR BRAIN..... WHEN I FIRST FOUND HOF3 AND ALL YOU GIRLS I BEGAN SHOPPING AT HOF3 AND FOLLOWING YOUR BLOGS....I WENT OUT AND BOUGHT PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS AND WISH I COULD EVEN KNOW HALF OF WHAT YOU KNOW TO GET MORE OUT OF ALL MY PURCHASES......HAVE A GREAT ONE....JEALOUS OF THE LOCALS....DOES THAT FIT INTO THE 21 DAY CHALLENGE...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am feeling so lucky I am a local! Would LOVE to come and play! What level is the class? I am kind of a newer digital designer:}

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so totally there, please :) I would love to learn more advanced stuff too, like designing brushes using a drawing tablet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG..........you are so awesome!!! To bad I live in WISCONSIN....:( If I didn't have my husband and lil baby girl I would move to UTAH!!! All you girls are so inspiring and I would love 2 be able to get a chance to be apart of your class. Totally agreeing with the girl's online class........Oh and did I mention YOU ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would LOVE to go! It sounds AWESOME! How much does it cost? Thanks for offering this class! Hope I can go!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love the orange pattern on the right & left hand sides on your blog. Is that something that's available digitally or otherwise?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Any possibility of an online version? I'm FAR from a "local", but I'd be really interested in some online classes!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. More details please! I can't wait to sign up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. where do you sign up? i live practically down the street!

    ReplyDelete